Go Back   CGFeedback > CG Forums > WIP - 3D - Feedback needed!

WIP - 3D - Feedback needed! Where people post their 3D WIP works

Old 30-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
sagiarts
Points: 2,515, Level: 30 Points: 2,515, Level: 30 Points: 2,515, Level: 30
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Default Big croc wip

Hi all I have been watching some amazing posts here at cgfeedback, and though I visit regularly but I was really shy to post something as am not as talented as others here.
I work in gaming and very specifically love to do organic art (i really hate inorganic /hard surface...am sorry but am honest).But unfortunately in a country like India where artists only get their bread and butter from OUTSOURCED work, the scope of character art is really really very less.
I have been trying really hard to push my career forward with some real good international projects, but been constantly challenged by the lack of a good reel.
So I have decided to make a good reel of international standard.
So this croc is the first model of this reel.
I have planned it for films/ television asset and hence using mapping technique like displacement and rendering engines like vray / mentalray.
I am in the very first stage of the sculpt and will progress from time to time .
I am working after office ar on weekends when I can manage sometime after 10/12 hrs of office work.I will post less frequently but PLEASE PUT YOUR SUGGESTION AND COMMENTS BOTH CREATIVE AND TECHNICAL.

Here are some very early previews:

sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Arrimus
Points: 2,511, Level: 30 Points: 2,511, Level: 30 Points: 2,511, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm not sure what species of crocodile you're modeling but from all the pictures I've seen their scales are not as round and bulbous. If you're using a reference image, than post that too, because otherwise I'm going to have to say that the scales should be more square and not as thick.

For the top jaw, the scales get smoother and fade away the closer they are to the teeth. I think the tongue is too long and the front part of the bottom jaw should be longer. The tongue should only be connected to the inner part of the mouth and not simply sculpted inside the mouth, if you want production quality; it's fine for personal work, though.

It's not bad. Just be inspired by all the great artists here and do your best to get better with each new image you post. Good luck.
Arrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
sagiarts
Points: 2,515, Level: 30 Points: 2,515, Level: 30 Points: 2,515, Level: 30
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Thanks Arrimus for your valuable feedback.I am modeling an african alligator I dont have any specific referance but I have a reference collage of different images available on net.
But I am extremely inspired by http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...and-Gnomon-DVD
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote