advertise

Go Back   CGFeedback > CG Forums > Technical Area

Technical Area Post your technical questions here.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
mala
Points: 3,764, Level: 38 Points: 3,764, Level: 38 Points: 3,764, Level: 38
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Company: Esper Design

Wow! you've got loads of detail in those meshes.

What was the resolution of the photos you took? and how many photos to make one model for example the shoe?

Do you use just noise patterns or fringe patterns as well for the projector image?

does the software control the projector as well as the camera? and can you just "manually" load the photos into the software or does it need to control the camera and directly download the images into the software?

How quickly can you take 2 photos?....this is important for head scans.

Sorry for so many questions but this is interesting stuff!
Cheers,
mala
mala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
Neo307
Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Company: Russian3DScanner LLC
Send a message via Skype™ to Neo307

Hey! Thanks a lot Merry!

Quote:
What was the resolution of the photos you took? and how many photos to make one model for example the shoe?
Well there's an upper limit of resolution wich defined by the projector resolution (in my case 1024x768). Our experiments showed that increasing the working image resolution upper than 1.3 - 1.4 Mp would not take effect on scanning quality due to projector resolution limitation. Anyway one of the tricks is to take photos at the highest resolution possible (say 15 Mp). The main effect is when you reduce the resolution down to 1.3 Mp you're reducing the noise as well.

Quote:
Do you use just noise patterns or fringe patterns as well for the projector image?
Yes, fringle patterns. It usually takes 13-20 photos to take one scan. The amount of photos is defined by quality you want.

Quote:
does the software control the projector as well as the camera? and can you just "manually" load the photos into the software or does it need to control the camera and directly download the images into the software?
Yes! One of the coolest things in the software is that it controls everything. It really takes two button clicks to get PLY point-cloud and a little bit more clicks to take a color-calibration and 3D-calibration.

Quote:
How quickly can you take 2 photos?....this is important for head scans.
Well for now it takes 6-8 sec to capture one scan. It fully depends on Canon camera fps wich is 2.5-3.5 frames per second in most cases. Yes, many cameras capable of doing more fps but under computer control it only possible to take 2.5-3.5 fps. May be we missed something, who knows...

Anyway in upcoming version there will be an ability to scan human faces at 10fps and possibly even at 25fps but this is something I can not tell about for now
Neo307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
Infinite
3D Mechanic
Points: 144,043, Level: 100 Points: 144,043, Level: 100 Points: 144,043, Level: 100
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Company: Infinite-Realities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo307 View Post
Hey! Thanks a lot Merry!

Well there's an upper limit of resolution wich defined by the projector resolution (in my case 1024x768). Our experiments showed that increasing the working image resolution upper than 1.3 - 1.4 Mp would not take effect on scanning quality due to projector resolution limitation. Anyway one of the tricks is to take photos at the highest resolution possible (say 15 Mp). The main effect is when you reduce the resolution down to 1.3 Mp you're reducing the noise as well.

Yes, fringle patterns. It usually takes 13-20 photos to take one scan. The amount of photos is defined by quality you want.

Yes! One of the coolest things in the software is that it controls everything. It really takes two button clicks to get PLY point-cloud and a little bit more clicks to take a color-calibration and 3D-calibration.

Well for now it takes 6-8 sec to capture one scan. It fully depends on Canon camera fps wich is 2.5-3.5 frames per second in most cases. Yes, many cameras capable of doing more fps but under computer control it only possible to take 2.5-3.5 fps. May be we missed something, who knows...

Anyway in upcoming version there will be an ability to scan human faces at 10fps and possibly even at 25fps but this is something I can not tell about for now
Very interesting, thanks for sharing Neo. Can't wait to find out more about your secret 25fps technique!

..waiting patiently here

Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #14
lazy noob
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

how i can buy?

:-)

jerry
lazy noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #15
{bukkit}
Veteran
Points: 13,239, Level: 74 Points: 13,239, Level: 74 Points: 13,239, Level: 74
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

This looks stunning -great work! my jaw just dropped on the floor.
WHEN can i buy it? HOW can i buy it?

{bukkit} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
tonytrout
Veteran
Points: 85,570, Level: 100 Points: 85,570, Level: 100 Points: 85,570, Level: 100
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Great to see development of this technology with hardware that doesnt require a major studio to fund. Keep up the good work. I would look at buying this once its had the updates Lee talked about above.
tonytrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #17
ashrafazlan
Points: 3,093, Level: 34 Points: 3,093, Level: 34 Points: 3,093, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Company: MFX
Send a message via Yahoo to ashrafazlan

Nikon support would be great Andrew
ashrafazlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
yaodou
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Default hello

Perfect! can I try the 7 free licenses? thx.
yaodou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, russian3dscanner, scanning, structured